Commercial Building Engineer
San Francisco, CA 94101
Job Title: Commercial Building Engineer
Job Location: Mountain View, California
Position Description for Commercial Building Engineer:
At least 2 years experience working as a Commercial Construction or Building Engineer is required. The Building Engineer is responsible for all physical operations of mid-rise or high-rise property including preservation and maintenance of the asset in accordance with policies and procedures defined by the company, maintaining and/or decreasing the operating expenses of the property, providing a quality business environment for tenants and establishing a positive, productive working relationship with the property staff. The Building Engineer is primarily responsible for satisfactory completion of all service requests at the high-rise property. This position reports directly to the Building Manager and supervises all other maintenance personnel. The bonus potential for this position is 8%.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (or some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities) and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of three years with experience in mid-rise and high-rise office buildings.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience (preferred).
- Experience with FACP, Electrical, Fire Life Safety Systems, and building automation.
- Must have formal training and/or the minimum of three certificates from related institutions reflecting completion of maintenance related courses, such as BOMA, IREM and/or vocational programs (preferred).
- Must be proficient in all areas of commercial buildings, locks, water features, roofs, HVAC, and life safety equipment.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, tenants, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply.
- Must be able to be "on-call" for maintenance emergencies.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by Prometheus Real Estate Group environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for several hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Occasionally.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places.
- Valid CA Drivers License with stellar driving record.
- Access to reliable automobile for work purposes and be insured.
- Be willing to add company as "Additional Insured" for work purposes to automobile insurance.
Pay Rate: $45-50k per year DOE
Renoir Staffing, LLC is committed to a drug-free workplace!
Since 1985, Renoir Staffing, LLC has been meeting the needs of apartment communities, property management companies, and commercial real estate offices. Headquartered in Alameda, Renoir Staffing has branch offices in San Jose, Folsom, and Orange, CA, employing more than 400 people with over $5 million in sales. The company has repeatedly been listed as one of the largest staffing agencies in the Bay Area. Please visit our website at www.Renoirstaffing.Com